Friday, March 29, 2024

Conan the Barbarian - The Life and Death of Conan Book Two

 


I thoroughly enjoyed Book One of this tale so picked this one up as soon as I had finished the first installment. This continues in the same vein - some previously untold tales of Conan's younger days mixed in with his "present day", when he has been captured in order for his blood (and his death) to revive an elder god. Conan does indeed die and faces Crom himself, finally, although who wins in that encounter is up for interpretation. 

But Conan returns to fight again and with the aid of his son and soldiers he defeats the gods and its servants and lives to laugh and love again.

I really enjoyed this mini-series and thought that the stories were well-told and kept the spirit of Conan throughout. Nice artwork and storytelling. Makes me want to dig out all of my various old Conan comix!