Tuesday, May 17, 2005

R'nR ranting

OK, so here's another exercise in egotism! I have no reason to think that anyone cares what I have to say about much of anything, but I needed a diversion so I'm starting this blog!
I actually got the idea while reading Kill Your Idols by Jim DeRogatis & Carmel Carrillo. A good book that is based on the idea that "classic" albums are maybe not all that they are cracked up to be! Reading some of the reviews - as well as some other articles & interviews elsewhere - made me think that some of these don't go far enough and some were completely out of line and some reviewers and interviewers are completely out of touch with their subject (in my not-so-humble opinion).
I am the first to admit that I am not a writer and that my vocabulary sometimes fails me. But I am extremely opinionated and felt that this outlet might let me get some stuff off of my chest, even if no one ever reads it!
So, dig it, this is for fun - don't get all serious on me!
I'm just gonna write about whatever I feel like and probably will be more old stuff than new stuff, just cuz I'm an old foggie who prefers old music! But, they'll be some new stuff too.
As for me, I'm a long time rock'n'roller who has got out of the biz in the last few years and am enjoying relaxing for a change! But, I have previously played in the Gizmos, Unclaimed, Fourgiven, Tommyknockers, Alter Egos, Egomaniacs, Excessories and a number of other assorted bands!
If you are so inclined, contact info is in the sidebar.
As always, Rock On!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home