Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Neil Young - Fork in the Road

I am a huge Neil Young fan, but, as with any artist and especially one as prolific as Young, not everything is going to hit with everyone. This is one of those cases. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but just not top Young.

The topic here is cars and conservation and the record is eco-car-centric, which I can appreciate, but few of the tunes really stick with you. The title cut is a nice "rolling down the road" number, but not much else is memorable.

This is another CD that I got from our local library so it did not include the DVD that makes up the package, so I can't comment on that.

Good, but not great, Neil. There are lots better albums by the man, but even his worse is better than some others at their peak. Really for fans only, I'd say.