Monday, August 24, 2026

Water Landing at Red Dwarf, Saturday 8-22-26

 


Seeing that we have missed the last one or two Water Landing reunion shows and the fact that this one was starting early, we knew that we had to make it out to see them.

Of course, I am now working with no less than 3 of the 4 members of WL in Mr. Dark's Pandemonium, and I have known these cats since they first started playing out as WL (Ron think that they may have played their debut gig with the Swamp Gospel!). They are goofy fun with a bit of aeronautical humor in their lyrics, a bit of garage/punk rockiness and some proper harmonies from drummer Ron and stewardess/keyboardist (when the batteries haven't run out!), Jules. 

I confess that I haven't listened to their records for a while now, but their opening number was their theme song, "Water Landing", they certainly played their "hit", "Devils" (also performed by Mr. Dark) and for the finale, Ron took the lead vocals for a passionate "Rockin' in the Free World".

We had a busy weekend and were a bit beat, so we split after a couple drinks, some pizza and the WL set so I cannot comment on the touring combo, the Let Me Downs - hope the rest of the night went well as WL got a great response from the friends'n'fans in the crowd. Fun times!