Friday, August 05, 2005

Girl Trouble


A band that can virtually do no wrong, Girl Trouble has been in the biz for 20 years and are still some of the nicest people you could ever meet (not easy in this biz!) as well as being one of the most fun, goodtime dance bands around!
Coming outta Tacoma, Washington, where drummer Bon Von Wheelie actually witnessed the Sonics and Wailers in their prime (wow!), these 3 cats and 1 kitten prove that they are worthy of the mantle of NorthWest garage rock! Ultra-cool reverbed/fuzzed out guitar tones by the Big Kahuna (Bill), stripped down rhythms by Dale on bass and Bon on drums, and songs that are guaranteed to get you dancing right along with dance king/ lead singer/saxophonist KP!
If they've put out a bad record, I've yet to hear it, but, of course, I have my faves! Though, y'know, looking at their discography, I'm having a hard time picking out which record is my #1, but I think I'll have to say Thrillsphere, following closely by New American Shame and Hit It or Quit It! Check 'em all out though, as well as their incredible singles!
If they're playing anywhere near you (though they don't go far from Washington these days and I don't blame them!), definitely see them - you will have a smile on your face the entire time and if you're not shakin' your ass, then you're too uncool for words!!
Check out their website too! As with anything related to this band, it is fun fun FUN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home