Friday, February 04, 2022

RIP Steve Pallow

 


This is another super tough one...I met "Big" Steve Pallow back in the mid-80's when he was playing bass with the insane garage/RnB combo, the Beguiled, along with "Little" Steve Fish (drums), Dave Fish (lead vocals/harp/rhythm guitar), and the master of the echo'd lead guitar, Mike Ball. Mike was tragically killed by a drunk driver in the late 90's/early 00's and now I've just heard that Steve passed due to a heart condition. 

I had lost touch with Steve over the last couple decades, I suppose, but he always kept busy after the Beguiled (he even auditioned for the Tommyknockers, but we mutually agreed that it wasn't right for him), forming multiple primitive garage-ish combos like the Necessary Evils, Thee Cormans, and Haunted George and gathering fans worldwide - far surpassing our little LA garage scene that he came out of.

I wish that we had kept in touch more, but I'm glad for the time I knew him and for all the great music he was involved in. 

Fuckin' hell, I'm tired of all of the death these days....