Saturday, June 08, 2024

Weird Science Volume One


 As I've said, I have some EC reprints already in my collection, but am discovering this new-to-me series of reprints so, of course, I need to add more to our household! Because I am who I am, I ended up buying Vol. 2 before volume one, but kinda glad I did. Although there are a lot of the same writers and artists, I thought that by the issues compiled in Vol. 2, there had been quite a lot of improvement. Seemed like there was more artistic variety, as well, which was nice.

That said, this is still a great compendium with some truly clever - and sometimes warped - storylines. Of course, there's space travel, time travel and its associated paradoxes (although one story was predictable right from the start - at least to today's eyes), aliens (kind of a funny take on Orson Wells in one episode), science experiments gone awry, robots, androids, and plenty more. Some better than others, of course, and some with better finales but all worth checking out.

You probably know if you like EC Comics and if you do, these are well worth buyng!