Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Tinglerz - Double Down Saloon, Wednesday, November 15, 2012


It is always hard for me to get out on a weeknight, but when one of my favorite bands is playing (relatively) early, I will make the effort. Of course, this being the Double Down, the 10:00 set time got moved to after 11:00. This was an odd night anyway, with a poetry slam prefacing the Tinglerz set and, as these things are wont to do, it went on much longer than it was scheduled.

Because of that, the band seemed a little less hyper than their usual super-kinetic selves, but still managed to put on a set of high-energy, ultra-coll punk'n'roll! I keep trying to think of bands to compare these guys to, and while I can dig what many of their influences are, I can't really say that they sound like anyone in particular, which is a good thing! Far from generic punk rock, they write real songs that are fun and musically interesting and play with talent as well as energy. These cats are always a good time!

They hope to record soon and I can't wait to hear what they can do in the studio! Check 'em out whenever you can!