Thursday, June 09, 2022

DC Pride 2021

 

This is another random buy from Henderson's hep oddity'n'comic shop, Cemetery Pulp and, obviously, I'm a year late to the purchase on this one, but I'm way out of regular comic gathering these days.

This compilation of stories celebrates DC's heroes'n'villains of other-than-hetero persuasion - including aliens and even an evolved ape (fans of the Doom Patrol will remember this ape and the brain)! I do have to say that for me, not having kept up with the DC universe forever, these unrelated short stories, while entertaining, can sometimes leave me a bit confused, since I don't know anything about the characters, or the new versions of the characters, and their powers. 

That said, it is still a fun - and sometimes serious - collection of superhero (and villain) stories and nice to see that DC is doing its best to expand their character representation.