Friday, June 03, 2022

Suburban Resistance

 

I've known SR's singer Kevin for a while now, although mostly just from hanging at clubs and talking music. He is a damn nice guy and one of the more knowledgeable music lovers in Vegas, with a great sense of rock'n'roll history - he was one of the few cats in town hip enough to check out X___X and yes, he has records of several of my old bands, so I gotta give him kudos for that!

Apparently, I have not seen SR live yet (which surprised me, but I have no record of it, unless it was just late and I had enough drinks that I didn't write about it), but just from their visual image I was expecting some kind of hard core/thrash metal punk and was pleasantly surprised to find that, while there may be some hard core elements, this album mostly consists of melodic, sing-along, punk'n'roll with plenty of heys and whoa-ohs, as well as some intelligent, clever, and downright positive-leaning lyrics, even as Kevin rails about how f'k'd up the world is today.

Solid musicianship throughout - funnily, their new guitarist, Adam, plays drums on this record - with plenty of power, hip licks and catchy tunes. I will certainly be checking out their live shows soon and I advise you to do the same!

Oh yeah, this 12" comes in colored vinyl, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home