Thursday, December 28, 2023

Batgirl Volume 4 - Strange Loop

 


This is a wildly different storyline than the other Batgirl graphic novels that I've already mentioned, with an apparently younger Batgirl living in a different city, with a different costume, different friends, and lots more. Once again, it doesn't help that I'm jumping in the middle of a tale, but at least there are some constants - she's still the commissioner's daughter, she still has a photographic memory and she fights the likes of the Penguin and his son (!) and even Two -Face for the betterment of her new environment. There's plenty of oddness in some of the villains that she fights and the situations she finds herself in and there are more hallucinations - DC seems to really like these lately! The artwork is much more cartoon-y, but sill pretty good, overall - though I must say, I like the art in the other series better. 

So, not bad, not great - maybe I'll see if I can find the other volumes and see if it grows on me.