Sunday, June 16, 2024

Black Panther - Power

 


I grabbed a few comix at the Founder's Club Punk Rock Flea Market (thanks Christy for another fun event!) from our pal Kevin and while there were a lot of cool items there, we don't really need more "stuff" in the house - not that comics aren't "stuff" that clutters our house, but I obviously like reading! 

Anyway, once again, I'm jumping in on a tale without being aware of the backstory or even some of the characters, but I was still able to at least follow along and understand the gist of it all. T'Challa was wounded - apparently by Dr. Doom, if I understood correctly - and the mantel of the Black Panther has fallen to his younger sister, who is aided by Wakandan scientists so she has some new technology so add to her powers. 

It appears that Doom has concocted an elaborate scheme to sow dissent in Wakanda and he has multiple villainous allies to help out in various ways - brute force, subversion, manipulation and more. The plot expands to add Namor, the Fantastic Four (minus Sue Storm), Ororo and the reanimation of T'Challa via mystical means. 

Naturally, there are several different twists at the end and all is not what it seems, even in the multi layered scenarios that we have been privy to. As I said, even being out of touch with the Marvel universe for a long while, I was still able to follow along and enjoy this, even if there were some characters/groups that I was unfamiliar with. Well done though.