Thursday, June 09, 2022

Justice League Dark - In The Dark


 Yet another impulse buy at Cemetery Pulp, this series revolves around the supernatural forces in DC comics, specifically, Zatana, Deadman, John Constantine, Madame Xanadu, and a couple of newer characters that I was not familiar with before and, apparently, Deadman is "dating" Dove, from the team, Hawk and Dove, only Dove is a female in this incarnation - I can't keep track of all of the character variations since I last kept regular track of comics! 

Considering my unfamiliarity with some of the characters and the "new versions" of others, the story can be a bit convoluted, as it involves shapeshifters, magic, demons, flying teeth, invading insects and much more. The basic idea, though, is saving the world from an unbalanced witch who has lost her host. Madame Xanadu gathers the reluctant "team", and they eventually win the battle but realize that there is a war.

An interesting concept and I'm certain it is easier to follow for those who have followed the characters in more recent times. I always appreciate the darker side of the comic universe and this is a good way to bring the different heroes together.